The 2nd VHC sponsored WSF Ride on August 22 - the 28th found beautiful end of summer weather. We had 28 riders for the weekend. Riders came from Vershire, VT and as far away as Canada. Jim Nickerson did a wonderful job on maps and we decided to try his new suggestion on marking trails. The long trail we have named Marl Pond Trail that so many volunteers helped to clear for this ride was enjoyed by everyone. Horses enjoyed getting wet at Duck Pond, even a few riders as well. Jill DeVoe did an amazing job at the ride with the social part of things, her expertise! The breakfast on Sunday that Jill manages from her new trailer (nice trailer Jill) went off fantastic. Pancakes, blueberries, blackberries, syrup, sausage, bacon, ham, eggs, bagels, toast yes and more! Good way to start the day as the sun became warmer. Just a wonderful ride at a very nice state forest with nice trails.
- The riders: for coming and just enjoying yourself and donating.
- Volunteers for helping with trails, people bringing food or tack swaps, or cleaning up or whatever you did to help along the process.
- Of course to the Retreat Center and they will be thanked with a donation.
- To the committee for WSF Ride: Karen Rosemark, Jill DeVoe, Jim and Luanne Nickerson.
- To VHC for paying insurance and the port-a-john, etc.