American Horse Council 
1616 H Street NW  7th Floor
Washington, DC20006
Phone: (202) 296-4031
Fax:  (202) 296-1970

Horseman's Yankee Pedlar

Required Agricultural Practices for Equine Facilities in Vermont (RAPs) (PDF)

Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food & Markets
Anson Tebbetts, Secretary of Agriculture
116 State Street; Drawer 20
Montpelier, VT05620-2901
(802) 828-1619

Vermont Dept. of
Forests, Parks & Recreation
Susan Bulmer, Parks Regional Manager
5 Perry Street, Suite 20
Barre, VT 05641-4265
Work Phone: (802) 476-0181
Fax: (802) 476-0129

Vermont Farm Bureau
117 West Main St., Richmond, VT 05477
Phone: (802) 434-5646.

Large Animal Technical Rescue Info
The current Large Animal Technical Rescue Teams are:

  • ColchesterTechnical Rescue - Chittenden, Grand Isle and Washington Counties

  • Orwell Fire Department - Addison and Northern Rutland County -Being run out of the Lucy Mckenzie Humane Society by a trained responder - Orange and Northern Windsor County

  • Grafton Fire Department - Windham and Southern Windsor Counties

  • Middletown Springs - Bennington and Southern Rutland County

  • Craftsbury Fire Department - Lamoille and Orleans County

  • Sheffield-Wheelock Fire Department Technical Rescue - Caledonia and Essex County

The Large Animal Technical Rescue project was held under the umbrella of the Vermont Horse Council who provided the initial funding and acted as the 501C3 organization for funding purposes.  as the program expanded it became it was moved to responder/EM based organizations.   To access these services please call 911.






Helpful Links Regarding Animal Cruelty: