Welcome to Vermont Horse Council
Do you have snow yet? We do! And wooly horses and freezing water. The temperatures are dropping along with daylight hours and time in the saddle. Winter is a perfect time to take stock of the fun you had last year and dream about the coming year.
VHC would like to share some of our accomplishments this year:
- Updated our website and began regular blog postings to share news with our members;
- Our FaceBook page is just 7 shy of 500 likes;
- Sponsored the Trail Challenge at Everything Equine;
- Hosted a Trail Play Date with 13 riders;
- Renewed our NEKET Corridor Management Agreement with ANR;
- Hosted Willoughby, NEKET & Tunbridge Rides;
- Groton State Park - 13 volunteers created two new corrals, and a pull through site;
- Completed the Peacham Loop Trail and installed a great new bridge;
- Met with Agency of Natural Resources staff re: NEKET, Willoughby, Groton & to explore expanding our relationship and responsibilities;
- Approved relocation of South America Pond Campground;
- Completed trail work on NEKET Trails;
- Created VHC Ride Guidelines;
- Awarded 17 youth scholarships and updated application guidelines;
- Attended the West Burke Parade, the Road Safety Rally and The Driver’s Education Safety Summit.
We are just beginning to dream about the coming year and hope you will be inspired to help – perhaps you can help with the newsletter, or do some trail maintenance. Maybe you would be willing to use your bookkeeping skills as the VHC treasurer. We need to raise money for the scholarships and to complete our work at Groton. There is plenty to do and I hope you’ll come to the January meeting and help us dream!
President, Vermont Horse Council
Become a Member!
- Receive quarterly newsletter with calendar of events, free classified ads, and area news
- Discount on VHC sponsored events
- VHC voting privileges
- Equine-Related scholarships
- NEKET trail map
- Membership card
... learn more